Here’s my quickie post for the night. Just a few thoughts on some things you can start doing today – and often – to be a rockstar web analyst.
1. Ask Questions. Don’t pretend you have all the answers. Ask the business stakeholders what is success for them online and then ask them “why?”. Then ask some more questions.
2. Research and refine. There are many brilliant marketing analysts out there. See how they approach problems and don’t be afraid to change your own course.
3. Automate whenever possible. Take advantage of any automated feature in your web analytics – don’t pull the same reports every month.
4. Invest in some training. Every web analytics platform has training available.
5. Figure it out. It’s easy to throw your hands up in the air when something is difficult. Dig and dig until you can find the answer (provided it’s worth the time!)
6. Be an advocate of testing. You have your finger on the pulse of what’s happening online – if you see an area that needs improvement, advocate for some testing.
What would YOU add to the list?